Attempts to Maintain the Peace: 1922-1933
- 1922: The Washington Conference presents a treaty on naval disarmament.
- 1924: The Dawes Plan ends the crisis in the Ruhr.
- 1925: The Lacarno Pact
- 1928: The Kellogg-Briand Pact
- 1929: The Young Plan
The Road to War: 1933-1939
- 1933: Germany withdraws from the League of Nations.
- 1935: Hitler denounces the disarmament clauses of the Treaty of Versailles.
- 1936: Germany remilitarizes the Rhineland.
- The Spanish Civil War begins.
- The Rome-Berlin Axis is formed.
- 1938: The Anschluss: Germany annexes Austria.
- The Munich Conference: The Sudetenland is awarded to Germany; Chamberlain announces "Peace in Our Time."
The Second World War: European Theater: 1939-1945
- 1939: Germany invades Czechoslovakia.
- 1940: Germany conquers Denmark and Norway.
- Germany conquers the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Italy enters the war as Germany's ally.
- France signs an armistice with Germany.
- The Battle of Britain begins.
- Italy invades Egypt and Greece.
- 1941: Germany conquers Yugoslavia and Greece.
- Hitler begins Operation Barbarosa and invades the Soviet Union.
- 1942: British and American forces begin attacking in North Africa
- 1943: Roosevelt and Churchill meet at Casablanca.
- The Battle of Stalingrad ends with a German defeat.
- German and Italian forces in Tunisia surrender.
- American and British troops invade Sicily and Italy.
- 1944: D-Day invasion of Normandy opens up a second front.
- 1945: The Yalta Conference.
- Germany surrenders.
- Potsdam Conference.
The Second World War: Pacific Theater: 1931-1945