Reign of T'ai-tsung: 627-649
- 621: First Zoroastrian temple built is Ch'ang-an
- 630: Defeat of Eastern Turks
- 635: First Nestorian Christian missionary arrives in Ch'ang-an
Reign of Empress Wu: 609-705
- 694: Manicheism comes to China
- 656: Defeat of Western Turks
Reign of Hsuan-tsung: 713-755
- The height of T'ang art
- 751: Battle of Talas: Chinese defeated by Arabs--The farthest westward advance of the Chinese Empire. As a result of this battle, Paper making spreads to the Abbasid Empire
- 755-763: Rebellion of An Lu-shan
- 763: Tibetans raid the capital of Ch'ang-an
- 780: Tax Reform: the equal field system is abandoned.
- 821: Peace Between China and Tibet
- 839: The official texts of the Confucian classics is engraved on stones.
- 840: Uighur empire defeated
- 841-845: Religious Persecutions
- Manicheism, Nestorianism and Zoroastrianism are driven out
- Buddhism is attacked: wealth of monasteries confiscated, shrines are closed.
- 879: Looting of Canton