| 226-240: Reign of Ardashir I
- 226-227: Revolts against the Parthian Empire Parthian Empire Chronology
- 229-232: War with Rome
- --Zoroastrianism is revived as official religion.
- --The collection of texts known as the Zend Avesta is assembled.
- 241-271: Reign of Shapur I
- 241-244: First War with Rome.
- 258-260: Second War with Rome.
- 215-271: Mani, founder of Manicheanism.
- 271-301: A period of dynastic struggles
- 309-379: Reign of Shapur II
- 399-420: Reign of Yezdigird the Wicked
- 409: Christian are permitted to publicly worship and to build churches.
- 416-420: Persecution of the Sassanid Christians as Yezdigird revokes his earlier order.
- 420-440: Reign of Varahran V.
- 420-422: War with Rome.
- 424: Council of Dad-Ishu declares the Eastern Church independent of Constantinople.
- 483: Edict of Toleration granted to Christians
- 491: Armenian Church repudiates the Council of Chalcedon
- 531-579: Reign of Anshurwan the Just
- 533: Treaty of Endless Peace with Rome.
- 540-562: War with Rome.
- 589-628: Reign of Khusru Parviz
- 603-610: War with Rome
- 610: Arabs defeat a Sassanid army at Dhu-Qar.
- 610-620: War with Rome continued.
- 626: Siege of Constantinople.
- 627: Roman Emperor Heraclius invades Assyria and Mesopotamia.
- 634-642: Reign of Yezdigird III
- 633: Muslims invade Iraq.
- 642: Persian army destroyed at Nehawand.