From around the year 1000, Western Europe is slowly re-integrated into world society. A series of changes within Europe, the Reformation, the Rise of States and the Voyages of Exploration, dramatically change the relationship between Europe and the rest of the world. By 1800, Europe is no longer on the periphery of world society, it is at the center.
- Portuguese explorers seek a route to India and China: 1415-1510
- The Spanish colonization of Central and South America: 1492-1540
- British and French colonization of North America: 1497-1600
- Global Exploration: 1500-1650
- 1598-1689: The Age of Absolute Monarchy
- 1689-1815: The Age of Enlightened Despotism
- 1713-1789: Conflict among the Great Power
- 1543-1688: The Scientific Revolution
- 1688-1789: The Enlightenment
- 1775-1848: The Age of Revolutions
- 1848-1871: Consolidation of Nation-States
- 1848-1914: Liberal Parties dominate National Politics
Copyright 1996-2003 by David W. Koeller. All rights reserved.